Do you or a loved one want to age in place? For homeowners who prefer to stay in their current home, Design for Longevity by the DWELLING Spaces + Places team takes into account accessibility as well as aesthetics. Think comfort, convenience and best use of space – whether you’re remodeling, reconfiguring rooms or modifying to build in features for greater mobility, agility and enjoyment.
For those contemplating a change of place, our Evanston-based team of senior move managers can guide you through the process of relocating. Drina and her experienced associates start by evaluating quality-of-life needs and choices with you. Then, they provide options and step-by-step plans for making your next place of residence a truly beautiful home.
To understand the situation and issues you are facing, we start by getting to know you. Respecting confidentiality, we typically inquire about a wide range of factors that will affect how our team approaches the design and planning process. We’ll focus on customizing your dwelling space to fit your unique needs and wants. Our goal is to create the ideal environment for you.
Our move management team – which serves the Chicago area and the North Shore – considers your lifestyle and day-to-day activities, quality of life priorities, and much more, including the following:
- Physical condition
- Prognoses and long-term care needs
- Your house and its condition
- Family and community assistance
- Financial assets
To help you or a loved one make an informed decision about how and/or where to live, we leverage our expertise and assessment findings to identify solutions. For client consideration, we’ll present the following information about potential changes to your living space, along with step-by-step plans for implementation.
- A strategy for maximizing assets over time to meet expected needs
- A list of options, whether modifying, remodeling or relocating
- Benefits and consequences of top options
- Universal design ideas for improving any living environment
- Estimated costs & timeline for selected option
Once we get your go-ahead, we procure the resources and services needed to implement plans customized to your requirements. Our expert team will work with you and your loved ones to make your optimal dwelling space a reality. Implementation services include the following:
- Modifications to home to increase efficiency, convenience and safety
- Barrier-free floor plans to facilitate mobility
- Environmental design and technology to reduce social isolation
- Adaptive design for kitchens and bathrooms
- Alterations to lighting to aid diminished vision
- Color and surface palettes to accentuate and enhance perception
- Staging and decorating for resale of family home
- Floor & décor plans for new dwelling
- Personal shopping and installing of furnishings and accessories